Virtual box is open source hypervisor for virtualization. In this blog post, we are going to see how to install virtual box on windows machine. Let’s get started.
Not a fan of articles? We have the complete video tutorial here.
How To Install Virtual Box On Windows
First of all, you need to paste this link in your browser’s address bar. https //www.virtualbox.org/wiki/downloads
Then after that you will get to this page.
After getting to this page, you will see various platforms where you can install virtual box. As I’m going to install it on Windows 10, I’m clicking on Windows hosts.
If you want older builds, navigate downwards and you will find a link for those builds.
Now just click on Windows hosts and it will download the exe file.
After the downloading is completed, you will see this file.
Just double click on the exe file to start the installation.
Follow these steps:
- After the installation window opens up, click on next
- From the location, you may choose the location you want Virtual Box to install in
- From the 4 options select what is/are appropriate for you
- Create start menu entries
- create a shortcut on the desktop
- shortcut in the quick launch bar
- register file associations
- Click on next and click yes
- If it prompts to install Oracle universal serial bus connection, just click on install.
That’s it. You have installed Oracle VM virtual box on your local windows machine. You can now use it to install multiple operating systems simultaneously.
In the next post, you will get to know how to install an operating system in this hypervisor along with the guest additions. We will install Elementary OS 5.1 Hera.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: SpiderPosts YouTube