RDBMS is a widely used database system even in 2019. So it’s a must-have skill for most jobs. Now, SQL has become a basic skill. That means interviewer expects you to have at least basic SQL knowledge and more if you are experienced. Here, in this article, we have covered the most commonly asked interview questions on SQL.
These questions are useful to both freshers as well as experienced professionals.
Interview Questions on SQL
Basic Interview Questions on SQL
- What is SQL?
- What is Database?
- What are the tables in SQL?
- Is SQL a programming language? Why yes or why no?
- What are the different types of statements supported in SQL? (subsets of SQL)
- Types of SQL.
- What is the difference between BETWEEN and IN operators?
- Difference between DELETE and TRUNCATE.
- Difference between DROP and TRUNCATE.
- What are SQL constraints? Why do we use them?
- Types of Join. What’s exactly difference?
- What is the difference between CHAR and VARCHAR?
- Tell me what are the CRUD operations?
- What do you mean by DDL/DML/DCL?
- How to retrieve data from the SQL table?
- How to insert data in the table?
- What is GROUP BY clause?
- Where should we use ORDER BY?
Intermediate to Expert Level Questions
- What is Index?
- Difference between clustered and non-clustered index.
- What are the transactions and transaction controls?
- What are the ACID properties?
- What do you mean by data integrity?
- What do you mean by data atomicity?
- Explain consistency.
- What is the durability?
- Explain some of the aggregate functions in SQL.
- What are TRIGGERS?
- Explain the VIEW.
- Write a SQL Query to show the current date.
- What are the SQL privileges? Explain their working.
- Relationships in SQL.
- What is SQL injection?
- What is SQL sandbox in SQL server?
- Difference between SQL and PL/SQL.
- Cartesian Product in SQL.
- What is the MERGE statement?
- What is subquery?
- Explain normalization.
- What is stored procedure?
- What is a Cursor?
- Tell some case manipulation statements.
- List the types of user functions.
- What is COMMIT?
- What is a data warehouse?
- Do you know how to integrate SQL with the programming languages? How should it be done?
We will update this article with the answers in the future. Now, you can contribute to the SpiderPosts. Check our Join Our Team page.