First of all to understand cloud-based EDI let us see what EDI is. Electronic information exchange (EDI) is the idea of organizations electronically conveying data to what was customarily imparted on paper.
Examples: Purchase Orders and their invoices.
Advantages of EDI:
- Increases Revenue
- More Productivity
- Reduces manual data entry errors
Working of Cloud with EDI:
Most of the benefits overlap with each other. Scalability does improve.
Advantages of Cloud-Based:
- Better Security (Encryption, User Authentication….)
- EDI provider takes care of Hardware scaling
- Negligible further investment
- Usable on any device at any time (Anywhere, Anyhow, Anytime)
- Pay per use
- Simple to use